Deadline: 19 August 2016
Open to: anyone interested in providing intercultural training to municipal staff participating in the ROMACT Programme’s Capacity Building and Transnational Cooperation component
Remuneration: the Council of Europe will pay an agreed fee on the basis of preparation and delivery of the intercultural training
The ROMACT Programme is a joint initiative of the Council of Europe and the European Commission to promote the integration of Roma at local level. This Call falls within the scope of the intercultural training module, which is part of the Transnational Cooperation and Capacity Building Component of the Programme. The overall aim is to assist local authorities in better integrating marginalised people, in particular non-nationals of Roma ethnicity. Through competitive calls, municipalities apply for staff to receive intercultural training based on local needs. Selected municipalities receive catered intercultural training to address identified needs. The methodology of the intercultural training, curriculum and tools is devised by the ROMACT pedagogical team. The trainer will perform the following tasks in accordance with the priorities set up by the ROMACT Programme:
- Work closely with municipalities to set up the training programme, including setting a suitable date for the trainer and the municipality;
- Perform an ex-ante assessment of the profile and needs of training participants;
- Adapt the training curriculum on the basis of the identified needs while respecting the obligatory elements as set out by the ROMACT Programme;
- Prepare the local elements of the training, including relevant examples from the field as well as information on local context;
- Conduct a 1-day training in the local language;
- Contribute to the in-process evaluation and feedback of the training and improvement of curriculum as needed.
- Native speakers or fluent in at least one of the following languages: Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish;
- Good level of English is necessary for all candidates to comply with the ToT and the joint work with the ROMACT Management Team and the Pedagogical Team;
- Experience in working in or with public administrations;
- Demonstrated experience in conducting trainings.
In return for the fulfilment of the tasks and obligations established in the consultant contract, the Council of Europe will pay an agreed fee. This fee will be determined by the Council of Europe on the basis of preparation and delivery of the intercultural training
How to apply?
- Please send your application in full to [email protected] specifying in the subject field “Surname, intercultural trainer ”;
- Applicants interested in the Call should send the following documents to the Council of Europe Secretariat no later than 19 August 2016;
- An updated CV in English (2 pages maximum);
- A brief description of at least 3 previous training assignments provided by the expert (preferably intercultural trainings);
- Contact details for two reference persons.
For more information please read the official call.