Deadline: 1 September 2016Open to: young people under 35 years of age affiliated with environmental CSO’s in developing countriesGrants: ten grants are available per round: 2.500 to 7.000 EUR
In order to promote lasting change towards a more sustainable world the environmental movement is in constant need of inspirational and skillful leadership. Young people working for environmental CSOs, especially in developing countries, often have few opportunities to develop leadership skills due to a lack of resources for schooling, training or practical learning.
The Joke Waller-Hunter (JWH) Initiative creates opportunities for young people in the environmental sector in developing countries to unfold their full potential. By giving small grants to individuals to expand their knowledge, experience and training, the Initiative aims to strengthen environmental Civil Society Organisations capacity and efficiency. The mission of the JWH Initiative is thus to provide an accessible and tailored small grant for education and training of individuals who are nominated by their organisation as potential future leaders.
- Young people who work or are affiliated with environmental CSO’s in developing countries and emerging economies who have shown potential for and interest in further developing their leadership;
- Candidates can come from anywhere except from ‘advanced economies’;
- The definition of ‘young’ is not linked to a concrete age limit. However, preference will be given to young women and men under 35 of age.
- Have a strong background in working on environmental and sustainable development issues;
- Showing potential and ambition towards becoming a leader in her/his field of work;
- Committed to work on environmental and sustainable development issues;
How to apply?
Nomination forms can be found on the website and nominations can be made throughout the year.
However, it should be noted that the nomination forms can be subject to change and it is important to use the latest version.
Before submitting the nomination, please ensure the following requirements are included in the email:
- A completed nomination form;
- A copy of the candidate’s CV;
- A recent digital picture of the candidate that clearly shows the face (front view)
More information at the Joke Waller-Hunter-promoting leadership of young environmentalists 2016