Deadline: 1 September 2016
Open to: fellow ethnologists and anthropologists,students, experts and young researchers from other fields of social sciences and humanities (sociology, philosophy, political science, history, economics, geography,journalism and others)
Venue: 11-14 October 2016, The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Zagreb
Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology Students’ Club (Zagreb) invites you to participate in the international conference. The conference is interdisciplinary with its main purpose to address, discuss on contemporary processes of globalization, manifestations of social memory and the contemporary practices and narratives of globalization and social memory in an effort to better understand contemporary society and culture. With this conference the aim is to establish a platform for the exchange of experiences and knowledge as well as presentation and dissemination of student, young researcher and expert papers. Official languages at the conference are Croatian and English.
Some of the suggested topics include:
- Transformation of power;
- Global market and economic interdependence;
- Ethnography of disappearance;
- Salvage ethnography;
- Medicine and medical systems;
- Religion in a globalized world;
- Identity, etc.
- Places/Creating/Politics/Transformation of memory;
- Material and non-material monuments;
- The war and the myth;
- Fellow ethnologists and anthropologists;
- Students, experts and young researchers from other fields of social sciences and humanities (sociology, philosophy, political science, history, economics, geography, journalism and others).
- Participation in the conference is free;
- Presenters will be provided with accommodation;
- Travel expenses should be covered by the participants themselves.
How to apply?
You can apply papers addressing other topics that are not included in this list, but concerning the thematic framework of the conference. Applications must be submitted in Croatian or English to the following address: [email protected]
For more information please contact: [email protected]