Deadline: 31 August 2016
Open to: African youth age 18 to 35
Venue: 10-13 October 2016 Nairobi, Kenya
African Youth Initiative on Climate Change (AYICC) is pleased to announce the call for applications for the Second Edition of the African Youth Conference on Climate Change (AfriYOCC 2) on the theme ‘‘Making Climate Finance Work for African Youth.’’ This is in cognizance of the role and potential of the African youth in climate change mitigation and adaptation and the overall sustainable development trajectory.
The conference shall be held in Nairobi, Kenya on 10th to 13th October, 2016 as AYICC marks its 10th Anniversary since its formation in 2006 during the second Conference of Youth (COY 2) preceding COP 12. Building on the success of the first edition of conference, AfriYOCC shall provide an avenue for African youths to showcase their climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies, projects and initiatives.Best practices arising from the various AYICC country chapters shall be developed to an African youth climate change adaptation and mitigation best practices database and handbook.
The meeting will dilate on the current post 2015 development agenda and the role of young people in championing the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in Africa as well as their role in implementing the Paris Agreement.
The conference will focus on the following thematic areas:
- Youth in Agribusiness;
- Climate Change and Development in Africa;
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security;
- Green Economy and Technology Transfer;
- Innovative ways of financing youth-led climate change initiatives;
- Gender, Sustainable Innovations and Climate Change.
- The application is open for ”Youth Participants” from age 18 to 35;
- The African youth and AYICC members;
- Youth led climate and environmental organizations;
- Youth climate activist;
- Government and Non-governmental Organizations in Africa. Especially those with an interests in climate finance, climate change, food security and sustainable agriculture;
- Grassroots youths and farmers;
- Youths from indigenous communities;
- Media and Artists;
- Youths from Institutions of higher learning and the Private Sector.
Travel costs, feeding and accommodation, will be provided for successful applicants.
How to apply?
Kindly note that the deadline for application is 31st August 2016. Participants not residing in Kenya and can secure external sponsorship are strongly encouraged to apply. Download the Application form.
For more information, please check out the official call