Deadline: 30 September 2016
Open to: Developing countries
Scholarships: USD 500 per month
Applications are invited for Czech Government Scholarships available for foreign nationals from developing countries to pursue Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral degree program at public universities in the Czech Republic. The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals.
The scholarships are intended solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need. A limited number of scholarships are also offered to applicants from selected developing countries through UNESCO.
- Foreign nationals from developing third countries in need. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may, therefore, be granted this type of scholarship;
- Be above 18 years of age;
- In Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral Study Programmes plus one-year Preparatory Course of the English language (Which is combined with other field-specific training):
- Graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s / Master’s degree courses;
- In follow-up study Programmes Master or Doctoral Study Programmes: Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master Study Programmes, respectively, Enroll in the WHO study Programmes with instruction in the English language.
- The scholarship covers the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the CR. The scholarship amount is regularly amended. Currently, the amount paid to students on a Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up Master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month, whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month;
- Scholarship amount includes: costs of accommodation, food, and public transport are covered by scholarship
- The healthcare exceeding standard care be required by the student, s/he shall cover it at his/her own cost;
- Travel expenses for travelling to the Czech Republic and back to the student’s home country are paid by the party that nominated the student to study in the CR or by the foreign national at his/her own cost.
How to Apply
All applicants shall fill in the electronic application form.
The applicant shall send the completed application form to the Mission in electronic form, i.e., by completing online registration by 30 September 2016. Prospective Applicants are advised to address Concerning their inquiries, among others, their Eligibility and closing date for applications to the Czech Embassies in their Countries.
For more information, please visit Scholarship official website.