Deadline: 5 September 2016
Open to: participants aged between 18 and 30 who are committed to act as multipliers in youth work on the themes of antigypsyism and promotion of human rights with Roma young people
Venue: 10-16 October 2016, Ostrava, Czech Republic
his conference is organized by Diocesan Caritas Ostrava-Opava from the Czech Republic and its partner organizations: Phiren Amenca/RGDTS (HU), Romano Centro (AT), NevoParudimos (RO), Association of Young Roma (SK) and FAGIC (ES).
In 2015 FAGIC took an important role in this development and took the responsibility to coordinate and host the conference in Barcelona with a support of its member organizations. This year our Czech member organization will host the conference, in order to give an opportunity for participants to learn more about the situation of Roma in Czech Republic. This project will bring together 50 Roma and non-Roma youth leaders, multipliers, trainers and activists from six different countries during a 5 day lasting youth exchange in Ostrava.
Main objectives of the seminar are:
- To explore the concept of antigypsyism, its manifestations today and identify and develop responses through education and creative campaigns (for instance media, blog, art, music, street actions etc.);
- Strengthening the development of critical thinking of the participants regarding antigypsyism and the situation of Roma in Europe, specifically in Spain by visiting local Roma communities there;
- Sharing, developing, and training of innovative and creative methods and approaches of local actions;
- Engage in a public action for Roma rights and to challenge stereotypes, racism and antigypsyism;
- Encourage the development of joint local follow-up activities.
- Be able and committed to act as multipliers in youth work on the themes of antigypsyism and promotion of human rights with Roma young people, for the benefit of Roma communities and Roma youth;
- Be age between 18 and 30;
- Be motivated to develop their competences in anti-discrimination work, human rights education and youth work and to share their experiences with other participants;• be committed to attend for the full duration of the conference;
- Be able to work in English;
- Be resident of one of the partner country.
- The accommodation and food is covered by the organizers of the conference;
- Travel of the group from Hungary will be organized and financed from Budapest and back by RGDTS-Phiren Amenca, in case participants are coming from outside of Budapest, their return travel costs (to Budapest and back) should be self-financed;
- There is NO participation fee.
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the official website.