Deadline: 31 August 2016
Open to: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka
Award: USD 500/ USD 300/ USD 200
#Science4Sustainability is a social media campaign to promote science education and research to empower people to design the solutions they need. The campaign began on the World Environment Day, 5 June 2016 and will end on World Science Day, 10 November 2016.
- Science in everyday life;
- Science for Peace and Development;
- Biodiversity, Natural Heritage and Wildlife;
- Water and Life;
- Climate Change.
- The contest is open to nationals of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka;
- Photos must be taken by the entrant himself or herself. Photos can be colour-corrected or have filters applied, but should not be digitally manipulated in terms of content and context;
- UNESCO staff and their family members are not eligible to participate in the photo contest.
The four winning entries will have the honor of being displayed at the UNESCO New Delhi office’s new premises in the diplomatic area, New Delhi.
- 1st Prize –USD 500;
- 2nd Prize –USD 300;
- 3rd Prize –USD 200;
- Special Prize – USD 200 for the most popular photo on social media.
How to Apply?
Photographs must be submitted under the chosen category(s), with your name and residing country along with a short description of the photo in not more than 30 words, latest by 31 August 2016. Mail your entries to: [email protected]
To participate and win the special prize for the most popular photo on social media:
- Like UNESCO New Delhi Office on Facebook or follow them on Twitter;
- Upload your photo on Facebook or twitter with the hashtag #Science4Sustainability #UNESCONewDelhi and make sure that the post is public. The photo with maximum likes and shares either on Facebook or with maximum retweets on twitter shall win this prize.
For more information, visit the official webpage.