Deadline: 10 September 2016
Open to: Master’s degree holders in political science, international relations or other relevant studies for CESA thematic areas (good governance, security, EU)
Remuneration: a renewable one-year contract with a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM), an independent policy institute based in Tirana (Albania) is looking for a Project Officer! The successful candidate will join CESA’s team under the lead and supervision of CESA’s Director. Applicants with academic background in the areas of political sciences, previous experience with civil society organizations and proven project management and research skills are invited to apply.
- Coordination, implementation and reporting on CESA’s projects in the field of good governance, anticorruption and policy-making;
- Assist planning of and engage in fundraising for research and operational projects in the areas of security issues, good governance and European integration;
- Assists policy analysis and research on analytical products (policy papers, studies) on key issues of CESA’s thematic focus;
- Carry out other ad-hoc and administrative duties as requested.
- At least two years experience in project coordination positions, development and implementation of civil society activities;
- A Masters degree in political science, international relations or other relevant studies for CESA thematic areas (good governance, security, EU);
- Excellent knowledge of both English and Albanian;
- Ability to conduct independent research tasks;
- Experience with issues related to security affairs is an advantage.
A successful candidate will be offered by a renewable one-year contract with a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants must submit:
- Cover letter (Expression of interest);
- Updated CV with two reference contacts from previous employers;
- A small writing sample (in English) of an analytical / research / policy product.
Please send you application via email at [email protected] by 10 September 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
For more information please visit the official website.