Deadline: 28 September 2016
Open to: filmmakers from around the world
Prize: a 10-day all-expenses-paid trip in Vietnam — Hanoi
About the competition
WorldNomads is currently accepting applications for its 2016 Travel Film Scholarship competition, which provides aspiring filmmakers a chance to go on assignment in Vietnam.
The organizers are challenging you to make a 3-minute film about an inspirational travel story and submit it together with an application form. Originality, filmmaking skills, storytelling, visual appeal and work on character are the key elements which the judges will evaluate.
Inspiring filmmakers from all around the world.
- The main prize in this competition is a 10-day all-expenses-paid trip in Vietnam — Hanoi more specifically — to work with professional travel filmmaker Brian Raps;
- Attend a post-production workshop in Hanoi to commence your editing work. Within two months of your return, you will complete your video and submit the piece to World Nomads;
- Røde Microphones will provide the winner with a Video Mic Pro, RØDELink Wireless Filmmaker Kit, and VideoMic Me™ iPhone directional mic;
- Collection of tips from Lonely Planet’s film-industry insiders will help you to shoot and share better travel videos;
- You’ll receive travel insurance for the duration of your trip from World Nomads.
How to apply?
- Make a 3-minute film about an inspirational travel story. This could be anything from a story of immigration to a close wildlife encounter to a triumph of summiting Mt. Kilimanjaro;
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo;
- Complete your application form.
Each participant may enter only once and enter individually. The submitted travel video may be compiled from previous travel videos you’ve shot. The winner’s assignment is scheduled for 27 February 2017. The competition free to enter.
For more information please visit the official website.