Deadline: 11 September 2016
Open to: students, PhD students, activists and journalists between the ages of 21 and 29 years old, from Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, Belarus and Russia
Fellowship: monthly scholarships to cover living and travel costs
The Democracy Study Centre (DSC) seeks applicants for Research Projects and Scholar Group Projects 2016/2017 in Kiev.
The Democracy Study Center pilot project is developed, conducted and founded by the German-Polish-Ukraine Society (GPUS), supported by the Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany and implemented by European Ukrainian Youth Policy Center in Kyiv. The Centre promotes young professionals in their development as responsible academic, civic and economic experts. The idea of the Center is to foster the dialogue between the scholars from Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, Belarus and Russia, particularly encouraging application from the Donetsk and Luhansk former residents and IDPs. The DSC is structured in explorative formats that allow the 25 scholars reflect their experiences and develop group projects throughout the course of the programme. The programme for Research Projects and Scholar Group Projects starts in November 2016 and ends in June 2017.
- Students, PhD students, activists from civil society, grassroots-democracy movements, initiatives focussing on urban development and journalists aged 21 to 29 with strong interest in academic research cooperation from Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, Belarus and Russia;
- Applicants with experiences and/or interest in ethnographic, micro-sociological, human geographic or historical methods to examine urban space;
- Students active in grassroots initiatives for urban development;
- With an interest in the socio-material traces and legacies of the different imperial relations and political formations that have shaped Western Ukraine (Lviv, its suburbia and surroundings) as we will try to analyse the ongoing power effects of these formations taking socio-material micro-sites in the city as starting points.
Participant receive monthly scholarships to cover living and travel costs. Also project funding will be provided (working material, etc.). All selected candidates will have to sign a scholarship contract.
How to apply?
Apply online until 11 September 2016 sending an email to [email protected] and providing the following documents in one PDF file:
- Personal data / Cv;
- Motivation letter (max 1 page);
- Research proposal (In English 1200-1500 words max);
- References (letter of recommendation, achievements, blogs, articles, etc.) if available;
- Academic certificates;
- Information about your participation in similar research programmes.
Please direct questions regarding application process and the organization of the programme at [email protected]
If you have research related questions please write to Jens Adam at [email protected].