Deadline: 30 September 2016
Open to: Sub-Saharan nationals who are recent Ph.D. graduates, or current doctoral students
Fellowship: a monthly stipend, all program related-travel costs, free housing and insurance
World Bank Group invites application for the Africa Fellowship Program. The World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program aims to build a pipeline of Sub-Saharan African researchers and professionals, particularly women, who are interested in working in the development field at home or abroad, and in starting careers with the WBG
Fellows will spend a minimum of six months at the World Bank offices in Washington, D.C. or in a Sub-Saharan country, getting hands-on experience in development work. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries. While benefiting from research and innovation in multiple sectors, fellows will also work on economic policy, technical assistance, and lending for eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity. Special attention will be given to work with Fragile and Conflict-Affected States.
- Sub-Saharan nationals who are recent Ph.D. graduates, or current doctoral students within one or two years of completing or graduating from a Ph.D. program in the following fields: Economics, Demography, Applied Statistics and Econometrics, Impact Evaluation, Education, Health, Energy, Agriculture, and Infrastructure;
- Recent graduates or be enrolled in an academic institution and returning to university after the fellowship;
- Be 32 years of age or below;
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal;
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
Fellows will receive consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university, and worker’s compensation insurance.
- Gain a better understanding of the World Bank Group’s mission and operations;
- Access quality data for their research work;
- Interact with seasoned experts in their field of development;
- Contribute to the World Bank Group’s mission.
How to Apply
Fill out an application form completely in other to be considered for the World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.