Deadline: 27 September 2016
Open to: holders of university degree in social sciences (where a university degree has been awarded on completion of three years of study in a university or equivalent institution), preferably in communications, journalism
Venue: full time position from October 2016 till July 2017
Ecorys South East Europe ltd. in consortium with Ecorys Nederland B.V. and FUTURA 2/2 is managing the EU InfoCentre in Skopje and coordinates the EU Information Network consisting of 12 EU Info Points in Macedonia.
Public Information Officer position responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the implementation of the day-to-day activities of the Skopje EU InfoCentre such as: provision of information to the walk-in-visitors;
- Holding of lectures on EU related issues to various target groups;
- Moderating at events;
- Provision of content and updating of the EU InfoCentre’s website and social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook and Flickr);
- Answering to questions received by mail and telephone;
- Updating questions/answers database for EU’s website; etc.
- University degree in social sciences (where a university degree has been awarded on completion of three years of study in a university or equivalent institution), preferably in communications, journalism or other discipline related to this Contract, or 3-year experience above the general professional experience required below in the field of public information and communication;
- Fluency in spoken and written Macedonian and English (knowledge of Albanian will be considered as an advantage);
- Knowledge about EU integration processes, particularly in relation to the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia;
- Knowledge of the socio-economic and political structure of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (government, public institutions, media and civil society organisations);
- Demonstrated experience in providing information to the public in at least two projects;
- Experience in media research, in handling a web page (as an editor, contributor or in design), in holding lectures to pupils/students.
How to apply?
Deadline for applications is 27 of September 2016. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
For more information please check the official call.