Deadline: 30 September 2016
Open to: 18-26 year old participants from Germany, Ukraine and Russia
Venue: 20–26 November 2016, Kyiv, Ukraine
What role do the youth and civil societies play in easing tensions between states? How does media affect our perception of other countries? How do young people feel and what do they think on the other side of the conflict? These and many other questions are raised in the three-year youth project designed by youth from three different countries – Trilateral Youth Forum “Germany, Russia, Ukraine: A Common Future?”. The main goal is to provide youth with a platform to discuss, doubt, raise questions, share some very different at times opinions but trying to define common challenges and ways to overcome them together at the end.
This year in Kyiv will be held the final 3rd edition of the Forum. And participants are invitied in mutually respectful discussions with experts to discover new ways of strengthening the ties between our societies. If you are keen on meeting active like-minded students and young professionals from Germany, Russia and Ukraine to create common youth and social-oriented projects, apply for the III TYF and join the multinational young community in our search for a better common future.
Topics of the Forum:
- Role of the youth in the civil society of Germany, Russia and Ukraine;
- Economic relations and business;
- Oral history and the construction of collective memory;
- Migratory issues;
- The role of mass media in shaping public consciousness.
- Understanding of common culture and space;
- Conflict resolution.
- 10 active and motivated 18-26-year-old people from each of the three respective countries, who are interested in contributing into a sustainable development of the trilateral relations;
- Young future leaders and specialists in the field of media, politics, economics, education, security and civil society.
Organizers cover accommodation and meals for the Forum days. There is a participation fee of EUR 30. In case of additional fundraising the participation fee will be reimbursed.
Travel costs can be partly reimbursed:
- German participants: up to EUR 200;
- Ukrainian participants: up to EUR 50;
- Russian participants: up to EUR 200;
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fulfill the online application form latest by 30 September 2016.
For more information, please visit the official website.