Deadline: 3 October 2016
Open to: BA or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field strongly preferred and at least 5 years of experience in project management, preferably in nonprofit sector
Remuneration: competitive salary and benefits package (medical package included)
TechSoup is looking for a community building enthusiast with strong project and network management background. The successful candidate should have passion, strong interest and a track record of working on technology for transparency and accountability, or civic engagement and community building projects.
The position will be based at TechSoup European headquarters in Warsaw, Poland. You will be working out of a creative and dynamic office in a highly matrixed environment and be ready to travel.
The ability to work internationally across different cultures and languages and despite the distance, is an absolute must. The role of TransparenCEE Project Manager is to manage the overall implementation of the project, building upon existing successes, while focusing on broadening the existing community; building cross-sectoral working groups and expanding training services, content production, and curation.
Duties and responsibilities:
Responsibility for project management, in particular:
- Ensuring excellent program delivery through project management experience.
- Coordinating the entire project lifecycle, including development of scope, gathering of specifications, tracking, reporting, and implementation.
- Tracking and managing project resources, milestones and deliverables, including internal as well as outsourced work effort.
- Creating and managing project working plans and working budgets.
- Ensuring consistency of process and partners’ satisfaction, with a solid understanding of funders’ formal requirements, and ensuring compliance.
- Analysis and management of project risks.
- External stakeholder management, including partner escalation and ongoing partner management.
- Coordination with in-country individuals and organizations to assist in implementing programs for country activity.
- Assisting in the definition and establishment of consistent project management policies and guidelines.
- Establishing actionable usage metrics, evaluation plans for projects, balance scorecards, and key performance indicators.
- At least 5 years of experience in project management, preferably in nonprofit sector;
- Experience in managing/developing international nonprofit or cross-sectoral networks;
- BA or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field strongly preferred;
- Professional experience working internationally preferred;
- Experience in managing or being a part of civic technology projects / Knowledge and experience in civic technology;
- Fluency in English, other CEE language a plus;
- Attuned to multicultural environments and skilled at engaging diverse stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work with others on a collaborative projects required;
- Excellent planning and organization skills;
- Excellent mediation and negation skills;
- Possibility to develop in the international environment and to make a difference;
- Opportunity to work with enthusiastic team dedicated to fostering social change;
- Full time project employment (one year) with extension possibility;
- Competitive salary and benefits package (medical package included);
- Relocation support.
How to apply?
If you are interested you need to provide the following documents:
a) Cover letter;
b) CV (not longer than 2 pages) including contact details of two work related references;
c) An academic writing sample (essay, working paper or journal manuscript);
Email the above document to [email protected]
For more information please visit the official website.