Deadline: 1 November 2016
Open to: candidates with completed J.D. by the start of the fellowship and with a deep research interest in some aspect of law as evidenced by his or her research agenda
Fellowship: research stipend of $70,000 per year
The Classical Liberal Institute at NYU School of Law (CLI) invites applications for a two-year post-doctoral fellowship position, beginning in the Spring or Fall of 2017. This is a full-time fellowship located at the New York University School of Law in New York, New York.
The purpose of the fellowship is to promote the candidate’s research training and professional development by funding full-time research and scholarship while working toward actively pursuing an academic career. The candidate will be expected to produce a work of serious scholarship during their time at the Law School, and will be expected to be in full residence during the period of the fellowship. The fellow will take part in the intellectual life of the Law School which will include attending events such as faculty workshops and colloquia, and seminars on a regular basis.
Eligible candidates should have:
- Completed their J.D. by the start of the fellowship;
- A deep research interest in some aspect of law as evidenced by his or her research agenda;
- Excellent research, writing and analytical skills and possess a demonstrated interest in pursuing an academic career in law after the conclusion of the fellowship.
The fellow will receive a research stipend of $70,000 per year and will be eligible for benefits.
How to apply?
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, transcripts, a short writing sample, and the names and contact information for two references;
- Please submit application materials by email to the Classical Liberal Institute at [email protected]. Only email applications will be accepted;
- For applicants wishing to begin the fellowship in Spring (January) 2017, the application deadline is 1 November 2016. For those applying for a Fall (September) 2017 start, the deadline is 1 April 2017. Applications will be accepted and considered on a rolling basis.
For more information, please visit the official website.