Deadline: 15 November 2016
Open to: candidates coming from low and middle-income countries as well as candidates working in a Nonprofit Organization
Scholarship: 4 types of scholarships (7’200CHF, 5’000CHF, 7’900CHF, 5’925CHF)
The University of Geneva is offering a new scholarship program for 2017-2018 intake. Scholarships are open for citizens of developing countries to undertake Swiss institution’s International Organizations MBA (IOMBA) programme.
The University of Geneva is a public research university located in Geneva, Switzerland. It was founded in 1559 by John Calvin as a theological seminary and law school. It remained focused on theology until the 17th century when it became a centre for Enlightenment scholarship. In 1873, it dropped its religious affiliations and became officially secular.
A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score, no older than 2 years, is required of all applicants whose native language is not English, or who did not receive an undergraduate or graduate degree from an institution in which the language of instruction was English.
- Candidates coming from low and middle-income countries;
- Candidates working in a Nonprofit Organization;
- Candidates coming from abroad to Geneva;
The IO-MBA scholarship program offers 4 types of scholarships:
- Geneva University Accommodation Scholarship (Provision of a single room in a student apartment (12 months x 600 chf): 7’200CHF;
- IO-MBA Scholarship (Reduction on program fees): 5’000CHF;
- Priority Countries Scholarship (Reduction on program fees for participants coming from AND living in a country with a low-to-medium HDI): 7’900CHF;
- Scholarship for Partner IOs & NGOs (Reduction on program fees for participants working in an IO or an NGO partner of the IO-MBA program): 5’925CHF.
How to Apply?
Candidates are requested to register and apply online through the IO-MBA application form. To complete and submit an online application, the following documents have to be uploaded:
- Motivational cover letter;
- Complete academic and professional resume (CV);
- Copy of university diploma & grade transcript;
- Copy of passport or ID card;
- Passport style photo in electronic format (.jpg);
- Official GMAT or GRE results;
- Professional reference letter;
- Academic reference letter (1);
- Copy of official TOEFL results (2);
- Copy of AVS Card or Swiss health insurance card (3).
The application deadline for 2017-2018 intake is 15 November 2016.
For more information, please visit the official website.