Deadline: the course starts 17 October 2016
Open to: vision-driven, knowledge-hungry and goal-oriented young individuals from all around the globe
Venue: online / free / self-paced course
About this course
Over the past decade, young people around the globe has faced very different but great challenges: unemployment, skills gap, vocational trainings, outdated educational formats, school-to-work transition etc. Consequently, “empowerment” has become the buzzword in business, evaluation and youth development. Because of its wide use, the word “empowerment” has many different meanings to people. “Discover Yourself: Build a Career and Make an Impact” is an interactive MOOC that will empower youth through a holistic approach on four different skills sets and dimensions:
Chapter 1: Personal Development: What do you love doing?
Chapter 2: Professional Development: What do you do well?
Chapter 3: Community Development: What is the community around you?
Chapter 4: Sustainable Development: What the world needs?
Empowerment is defined as a way to provide tips and opportunities for youth to develop the competencies they need to become successful contributing members of their communities.
The MOOC is part of a youth-strategic partnership project titled “Cease Cowering: Youth Empower Action Here!” (CC: YEAH) supported by the programme Erasmus + and the National Agency of Macedonia. The project is based on the partnership between the Association for Education Mladiinfo International from Macedonia, Mladiinfo Slovensko (Slovakia), The Global Experience (Germany) and Iversity (Germany). As a part of the project, the course content was developed, the video shooting was organized in Bratislava, Slovakia and a special brochure containing the materials from the course was produced.
- An inclusive, free and open course for all vision-driven, knowledge-hungry and goal-oriented young individuals;
- Young people aged 18 to 30, from all around the globe who are eager to work on themselves and to grow both personally and professionally;
- Youngsters who have fewer opportunities and face economic, social, educational or geographical difficulties and through the MOOC they can get closer to the world of opportunities;
- Previous knowledge is not required;
- The course is designed for people interested in building up a career and make an impact.
What will you learn?
The whole course content will be organized around 4 chapters devoted on: personal, professional, community and sustainable development.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
Personal development chapter:
– Discover what your interests, values, and personal characteristics are;
– Identify exactly what you want and what you do not want to do.
Professional development chapter:
– Understand the drivers behind your career preferences and choices;
– Learn how to recognize your talents and interests and how to match them with your concrete professional career;
– Identify the skills which you can offer as well as learn about your current skills gaps.
Community development chapter:
– Demonstrate knowledge and ability to create a plan to help you improve your soft skills;
– Recognize opportunities for your career enhancement both within and beyond your current status;
– Summarize your achievements and skills in appropriate formats for future employers or academic institutions.
Sustainable development chapter:
– Extend and make most effective use of your professional network both on- and off-line;
– Learn what the world career trends are;
– Discover how your career choice can influence the world challenges.
How to enroll?
If you are interested in taking part in this MOOC please enroll online. The course starts 17 October 2016.
More information on the official website.