Deadline: 27 November 2016
Open to: young people age 18-30, interested in bird conservation and/or environment protection
Venue: 1 February 2017 – 31 January 2018 (fixed dates), Malta
“BirdLife Malta is looking for new full-time voluntary assistants to join their international team protecting birds and their habitats and inspiring and educating people about birds and nature in the Maltese Islands. Volunteer assistants will be based in the offices and at the nature reserves in Malta. Number of positions: 5 conservation, 1 environmental policy/law, 3
communications, 4 education, 1 administration/membership, 4 finance.
- Aged 18-30;
- Living in one of the programme or partner countries;
- Outgoing, friendly, keen to meet new people, socialise and experience a different culture;
- Interested in bird conservation and/or environment protection, in improving bird, plant and other taxa identification skills;
- Interested in inspiring & educating people about birds and the natural world;
- Willing to do hands-on conservation work ranging from fieldwork aimed at protection of wild birds from illegal killing to raising public awareness in events, to develop administration, work prioritising, numeracy and people skills and to learn and having an adaptable work attitude commensurate with the needs of a charitable organisational structure including working flexible and occasional long hours
- The positions are funded by Erasmus+;
- Accommodation with a private room near our premises in Xemxija/St. Paul’s Bay. You may need to share your room for short periods of time;
- Coverage of all living costs such as electricity, water, gas and internet;
- Reimbursement of the flight and other transport costs (bus, train, metro, visa), up to a certain limit;
- 300 EUR monthly allowance + insurance.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position please download and fill in the Application Form, making it very clear which department or position you are most interested in. Completed applications should be returned to: [email protected] with Subject: Application for EVS Assistants (Position) e.g. Application for EVS Assistants (Media Communications).
Applications close at Sunday 27th November 2016. Telephone/Skype will take place shortly afterwards, with successful applicants informed before Christmas. Please note that incomplete and/or late applications will not be taken into consideration.
More information on the official website.