Deadline: 30 November 2016
Open to: university students or recent graduates with good English skills, in the field of study preferably in business, computer science, design, fine arts, information technology
Venue: city of Kotka, Finland
*ship The Startup Festival is Southeast Finland’s biggest startup event. It aims to connect the next-generation of entrepreneurs with mentors worldwide. Every year, accelerators, early-stage startups, investors, mentors, students and other entrepreneurial-minded champions get together at *ship to celebrate entrepreneurship! The network spans 100+ startups and mentors across the globe. At the event, startups compete for various prizes, receive 1-on-1 mentoring and connect with young leaders, influencers and innovators from the field.
As the ambassador, you will:
- Help to promote *ship within your relevant networks, with the goal of increasing the number of people involved and engaged in *ship 2017;
- Have the opportunity to earn a summer of your dreams; a three-month paid internship in Kotka, Finland;
- Set up meetings with faculty members to discuss *ship 2017 and the University’s possible involvement in it;
- Target relevant student clubs on campus and offer to do information sessions at their meetings;
- Organize promo events for *ship 2017;
- Spread the word on your personal and organizational networks;
- Generate promo content, in the form of blogs, photos and videos.
- Able to commit 5-hours to *ship per week, December 2016 – March 2017;
- University student or recent graduate;
- Field of study preferably in business, computer science, design, fine arts, information technology, or relevant work experience;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Strong computer skills;
- The ability to work both independently and as part of an international team;
- Experience abroad and display a high level of cross-cultural proficiency;
- Identified with our guiding principles and share our vision;
- Motivation and willingness to learn new skills and leave your comfort zone;
- A positive work attitude and a great team spirit!
- Join the international community of change-makers. Together we can make a difference;
- All successful ambassadors will receive a formal invitation to *ship 2017;
- The top 10 ambassadors will earn a three-month paid internship in Kotka, Finland – flight and accommodation covered for international interns;
- Certificate of Merit and recommendation letter.
How to apply?
Deadline is 11pm (GMT+3), November 30, 2016, but don’t wait the last minute to apply. We are accepting applicants on a rolling basis.
For more information, please check out the official call.