Deadline: 25 November 2016
Open to: digital journalists, bloggers, and CSO activists from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Tajikistan, Ukraine.
Venue: 15-17 February, 2017, Warsaw, Poland
2-day tech camp and 1-day conference on newest digital trends with top-notch coaches from across the world will take place in Warsaw, Poland from 15 to 17 February 2017.
- Critical Media Literacy: How to differentiate propaganda and manipulation from reliable content in the deluge of 24/7 information coming from digital sources? Inspiring examples of educational activities from experts in the field;
- Entrepreneurship for independent and sustainable journalism: How to reach financial self-sufficiency for truly independent reporting? Business models that work for contemporary media: start-ups thinking plus fundraising;
- Responsible data visualization: Using digital tools to support public understanding of complex social, economic and political issues, without their undue simplifiсation. Presentations and workshops by practitioners who turn massive of data into amazing infographics;
- Professional standards and ICT tools in civic journalism: Meeting professional journalism standards VS bringing the news to recipients immediately – possibilities and challenges of digital tools from successful journalists.
At Tech Camp participants will attend workshops of international trainers, meet leading professionals in the field from Poland, work in teams to develop joint projects. The best projects will be awarded mini-grants.
Digital Journalists, bloggers, and CSO activists from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Tajikistan, Ukraine.
- Organizers will cover your flights, food, and accommodation for the duration of the program. Tech Camp participants will also be invited to attend the second day of the Networking Conference on 17 February 2017;
- The Networking Conference – Rockit Digital Summit – will be held at the Copernicus Center on 16-17 February hosting up to 400 attendees and 24 speakers from across the world talking about digital communications and entrepreneurship;
- Selected participants are obliged to acquire visa and travel insurance on their own expenses. The organizers will provide them with necessary documents.
How to apply?
If you are interested in participation please apply HERE. Application deadline is 25 November 2016. Selected participants will be notified by 15 December 2016.
More information on the official website.