Deadline: 27 November 2016
Open to: young people (aged 18-23) from across Europe
Venue: 10-11 December 2016 in Zagreb, Croatia
The training will be organized in the context of Imagine Festival 2016 in Zagreb, Croatia. Imagine is the all-styles music competition for young artists that takes a different approach to the typical ‘music competition’. By promoting musical quality, originality, diversity, creativity, safe-sound and gender issues, Imagine creates a unique platform for young musicians to gain professional experience in a positive environment that enables them to develop their musical careers, self confidence and understanding of different peoples and cultures. All events have an educational/social dimension including trainings, workshops and masterclasses from industry professionals. The training will be held fully in English
- Audience Development (attracting new audiences, growing audiences)
- Gender equality in music (Gender considerations when planning cultural events)
- Lifelong Learning (Developing the Key Competences of young Cultural Managers)
- Sustainable practices in cultural management (New Business Models, Fundraising, Public Support)
- Participants should gain a solid understanding of the core issues around audience development, gender equality, life long learning and sustainable cultural practices.
- They should gain practical knowhow, so to be able to implement these ideas in their work as young event organisers.
- The should leave having strengthened their overall capacity to plan, identify, prepare and deliver better music events for a variety of audiences.
JM International is looking for 20 young participants, aged 18-23, currently enrolled in courses connected to cultural management or involved in the field. Participants may come from (but are not restricted to):
- European Union member countries;
- EU candidate countries (Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey);
- EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
- The training shall consist of 4 half-day sessions covering a total duration of 12 hours;
- Accommodation, travel costs (max 300 EUR per participant) and meals are covered by the organizer;
- The selected participants will be accommodated in a youth hostel in Zagreb.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, . Participants are expected to arrive in Zagreb on the 9th of December before 17:00 and depart on the 11th of December after 17:00. In specific cases, it is possible to stay an extra night until 12th of December, should the means of transport be more suitable that day.
If you have any questions, check the or write to: [email protected].
More information on the official webpage.