Deadline: 14 December 2016
Open to: PhD candidates from developing country
Scholarship: provides up to 25,000 USD for developing country nationals to conduct development related PhD research
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) provides support to developing country nationals who are PhD candidates from developing countries and working in academic and research institutions in a developing country who seek 6-10 months of funding to conduct PhD research in a World Bank member country other than their home country or country of residence.
RSMFP was established in 1982 with 2.8 million USD in funding from the World Bank and the governments of Bangladesh, China, India, Kuwait, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, and former Yugoslavia.
The aim of the bank is to reach the best and brightest researchers and lecturers from the highest quality institutions and region’s universities, research centres and relevant professional networks.
This fellowship supports PhD candidates from a developing country to conduct innovative, development-related, doctoral research under the supervision of a research advisor abroad.
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
- Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country;
- Be under the age of 35 on the Application Deadline date;
- Be enrolled in a PhD program in a member developing country of the World Bank at the time of application;
- Reside in a member developing country of the World Bank since enrolled in the PhD program;
- Have completed all coursework and exam requirements for attaining a PhD at the time of application;
- Have a PhD thesis centred on a field of development.
RSMFP provides up to 25,000 USD for developing country nationals to travel abroad to conduct development-related PhD research under the supervision of a host advisor at a university, research or development institution in a World Bank member country.
The scholarship covers a 6 to 10 month period.
How to Apply?
To begin the web-based application process for a Robert S. McNamara fellowship, they recommend that you:
Review the Application Guidelines containing the complete set of eligibility requirements associated with the fellowship.
To apply, click on apply online here and use the instructions “Accessing the Online RSMFP Application”
- The FAQs document is updated regularly to ensure clarity of instructions.
- You will be required to upload a proposed budget for RSM financing in the application. The template you are required to use for this budget can be downloaded here.