Deadline: 3 January 2017
Open to: all individuals over the age of 18 or the age
Awards: 3 cash prize awards + first prize winner only– Grand Prize TRIP to either Wunstorf or Cologne, Germany
CT (computed tomography) imagery is some of the most informative imagery available for seeing into things that are difficult to open. But they’re also hard to transfer electronically because of their size, resulting in slow response times. CT image sizes are huge—in the gigabytes. In fact, one month’s worth of CT data collected at one facility would take 21 days to upload at current bitrates, making it difficult for experts to evaluate.
Submit your ideas for how to make CT images easier to store and transmit to experts who know how to read them, even if they’re halfway around the world!
- The competition is open to all individuals over the age of 18 or the age;
- Multiple individuals may collaborate as a team (“Team”);
- You may not participate on more than one Team;
- You must register individually for the Competition before joining a Team;
- You must identify your Team, as well as your Team Leader;
- There is no limit to the team size.
Up to 3 winners will receive the following “cash prize awards”:
- Up to one First Place Winner will be awarded a 20,000 USD cash prize award;
- Up to one Second Place Winner will be awarded a 10,000 USD cash prize award;
- Up to one Third Place Winner will be awarded a 6, 000 USD cash prize award.
First Prize Winner Only– Grand Prize TRIP: The First Prize winner will receive an all-expense-paid trip to either Wunstorf, Germany or Cologne, Germany (the “Grand Prize”) at sponsors discretion.
How to apply?
To enter, you must first create a free account HERE. All of the registration information that you provide is collectively referred to as your “Account.”
All Entries must be in English. Entry attachments must be submitted in .pdf. There is a maximum limit of 10MB for your complete Entry, including supplemental attachments.
More information on the official website.