Deadline: 3 February 2017
Open to: young person aged 18-30 from Macedonia
Venue: 1st of March – 30th of September, Postojna, Slovenia
The Association of societies Youth Center Postojna is non-profit and non-governmental and it operates, in accordance with its mission, in the public interest in the youth sector (the status was granted by the Office of the Republic of Slovenia for Youth in 2012).
Youth Center Postojna (MCP) is a place where youth can simply hang out, but also take part in various activities. There are various workshops and events that offer alternative and creative ways of spending free time and of developing each individual’s potential. The Centre provides a well-equipped rehearsal place for bands, which also serves as a mini recording studio. It also organizes a wide range of cultural events: concerts, mostly with young and upcoming artists, jam sessions, art exhibitions, international evenings, film screenings, etc. It also organizes children workshops throughout the year, among them a two-week summer workshop. The summer’s main event, however, is the traditional two-week long festival Zmaj ‘ma mlade which celebrated its 20th anniversary last year.
- Young person, aged 18-30;
- Coming from the Former Republic of Macedonia (FYROM);
- Someone who can provide full support in the organization of events, including the summer festival Zmaj ‘ma mlade;
- The volunteer is expected to provide technical support and help with the promotion of events, for example, by making photos, by updating the web and Facebook pages, and by distributing posters across the town;
- S/he is also expected to assist in keeping the premises of the Center tidy and clean;
- Given that events are often organized during weekends, the volunteer should be prepared to work flexible hours;
- A good command of English would be a plus;
- In the process, s/he will learn (or improve his/her) sound-engineering, organizational, inter-cultural communication, graphic and web design, video-editing, social networking, and language skills.
- A great opportunity to become familiar with the Slovenian language and culture;
- The skills and expertise of key persons who will be involved in this project are years of experience in working with youth and NGOs, in organizing events, etc. They have ample experience in leading youth groups and in providing training to youth.
- The program is sponsored by ERASMUS+;
- Travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission;
- Accommodation, insurance, food and tickets for the local transports are provided;
- The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.
How to apply?
All interested candidates should apply until 3 February 2017.
More information about the hosting organization on the official website.