Deadline: 31 January 2017
Open to: non-fiction, poets, essayists, critics as well as literary translators, publicists and journalists from the Visegrad Countries (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia)
Scholarship: a stipend of 1,125 EUR gross + accommodation and support in a hosting organization
The Visegrad Literary Residency Program, established 2012 by the International Visegrad Fund, consists of a series of residency stays and literary events. It is based on a partnership of 4 Host Institutions, one in each V4 country: Institut umeni (Arts Institute) in Prague, Petőfi Irodalmi Múzeum (Petőfi Literary Museum) in Budapest, Stowarzyszenie Willa Decjusza (Villa Decius Association) in Krakow and Literarné informačné centrum (Centre for Information on Literature) in Bratislava.
The Program will provide opportunities to host from and in all V4 member states and to support work and mobility of talented Literary Residents, to create a platform for information exchange and to support development and promotion of the V4 literature in Central Europe.
The Villa Decius Association acts as the Coordinator of the Program. The 2017 edition of the Program will enable 32 Literary Residents to carry their literary projects in 4 Host Institutions in one of the given periods: 1st May – 12th June 2017 (Compact Spring Edition) or 1st September – 30th November 2017 (Regular Autumn Edition).
Each of the Host Institutions will be responsible for organizing two stays of two groups of 4 Literary Residents each (one from the Czech Republic, one from Hungary, one from Poland and one from Slovakia), who will be working on their individual literary projects, and also participate together in literary event(s) organized in the hosting city by the Host Institution.
- The recruitment process of 32 grantees of the Program (8 from the Czech Republic, 8 from Hungary, 8 from Poland and 8 Slovakia) will be based on individual applications;
- Writers of fiction and non-fiction, poets and literary translators with at least one book publication;
- Min. 18 years old;
- Essayists, critics, publicists and journalists with at least 3 publications in quality newspapers, magazines or electronic media;
- Please, download the Selection-criteria.
- Accommodation in a shared apartment in the chosen Host City (one-person rooms with washroom facilities and free internet access, shared kitchen) from 1st May to 12th June 2017 (Compact Spring Edition) or 1st September to 30th November 2017 (Regular Autumn Edition);
- A stipend of 1,125 EUR gross (Compact Spring Edition) or 2,250 EUR gross (Regular Autumn Edition);
- Support from the Host Institution in preparing for the stay, in organising literary meetings, interviews and workshops as well as networking with publishers and literary critics.
How to apply?
Individual applications must be submitted via an online application form containing:
- Structured CV;
- Description of the literary plans for the residency;
- List of publications;
- Motivation letter.
More information about the program on the Coordinator of the Program official website.