Deadline: 20 January 2017
Open to: anyone above 18 with a demonstrable interest in politics, arts and/or activism
Venue: fully online for at least 6 months
The Global Arts and Politics Alliance (GAPA) is hereby launching a Call for Applications for the Executive Committee Position of ‘Head of Events’. The Global Arts and Politics Alliance (GAPA) is a vision, a network, and a movement centring on critical political innovation, artistic expression, and the advancement of art activism. GAPA brings together a unique mix of artists, activists and change-makers and aims to put art on the political agenda, and to make an impact on the political discourse through the arts and creative expression!
GAPA takes an active part in strengthening the arts in the political discourse, generating innovative knowledge and practices, and creating a space for artistic activism and change-making!
The Head of Events will be in charge of the good running of several international GAPA pop-up events, as well as one larger event including a General Assembly. The Head of Events will take the lead on logistical planning, creating content, contacting speakers and venues, as well as related activities.
- Everyone above 18 years old;
- A demonstrable interest in politics, arts and/or activism;
- Pro-activity, the ability to come up with, present and realise ideas, partnerships, plans independently;
- An excellent command of the English language, additional languages are desirable;
- Strong organisational skills and efficient time-management;
- The ability to self-organise and to work independently according to set deadlines;
- Demonstrable logistical and organisational experience
- The position – like all other positions in GAPA – is fully online and unpaid and extends for at least a year;
- You will be expected to work for about 3-5 hours every week;
- Please note that in case of your acceptance, you will need to become a member of the GAPA Community, which is free;
- This position offers in return the opportunity to be part of a passionate team of international activists and to become part of a unique network of young artists, activists and change-makers.
How to apply?
Please apply by 20th January by sending a CV and a 1-2 letter of motivation to [email protected]
More information on the official website.