Deadline: 15 March 2017
Open to: postdoctoral researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities who hold a doctoral degree, completed their doctoral degree no longer than four years prior to the deadline, have at least six months’ international research experience
Scholarship: a monthly research allowance (300 Euro for office-based/ 600 Euro for field-trip-based/ 900 Euro for lab-based projects)
DAHLEM POSTDOC FELLOWSHIPS provide funding for highly qualified postdoctoral fellows with at least six months of international research experience* to conduct their own research within one of the university’s outstanding collaborative research projects. In addition, international research stays are supported in order to allow researchers to build up a full year of international research experience by the time they complete their DAHLEM POSTDOC FELLOWSHIP.
Applicants have to submit a project plan based on the research fields/ key topics of the participating host research projects of Freie Universität Berlin.
The call is open to:
- Postdoctoral researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities;
- Hold a doctoral degree (the dissertation must be submitted and proof must be available by the application deadline);
- Completed their doctoral degree no longer than four years prior to the deadline (the date on the doctoral certificate applies);
- For applicants with children, one year per child will be added to the permitted duration;
- Have at least six months’ international research experience, three months of which must be an uninterrupted stay.
- 14 months‘ research funding, starting November 1, 2017;
- An employment contract at level TV-L FU E13 (which refers to the collective agreement for the public area of Berlin and translates into an annual net salary of approx. 25.600 to 33.400 Euro, depending on previous work experience and marital status);
- Social security and health insurance included;
- A monthly research allowance (300 Euro for office-based/ 600 Euro for field-trip-based/ 900 Euro for lab-based projects);
- Travel allowance for research stays of up to six months at an international research institution;
- One-time reimbursement of travel costs when moving to Berlin;
- A fully funded intensive German course;
- A tailored qualification program delivered by Dahlem Research School.
How to Apply?
To apply, please register with the DRS online application platform. Once registered, fill out the online application form and upload all required documents. Deadline for applications: March 15, 2017, 12 noon. Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Documents to be uploaded:
– Project proposal (10 A4 pages max.) including the following points:
- Summary of no more than one page;
- Context, scientific questions and objectives of your research project;
- Current state of research and most relevant literature;
- Theoretical framework and research methods
- Bibliography/ References.
– Doctoral certificate/ certified translation;
– MA/ MSc or equivalent certificate/ certified translation;
– BA / BSc or equivalent certificate/ certified translation;
– List of publications, presentations, prizes and awards;
– Declaration of Commitment from your proposed scientific advisor and the director of your host collaborative project at Freie Universität Berlin;
– Declaration of Commitment from your proposed international host (for stays of more than six weeks).
More information on the official website.