Deadline: 31 May 2017
Open to: international students
Scholarship: a yearly amount of the scholarship of of EUR 16.159
Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI), based in l’Aquila, Italy, offers PhD Scholarships in Italy. Scholarships are available in Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science and Urban Studies and Regional Science. Gran Sasso Science Institute is an international school for advanced studies located in L’Aquila, Italy. The scholarships are available in Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science and Urban Studies and Regional Science.
- English knowledge is compulsory. Applications are opened to candidates without regard to nationality, age, gender or religion;
- Italian Degree: Laurea Magistrale (or Specialistica) or Four or five years degree according to the previous rules of the Italian higher education system (Vecchio Ordinamento);
- Foreign Degree: Foreign degrees are considered and their eligibility is assessed by the Selection Committee. For admissions, the minimum duration of university studies is equivalent to four years (full-time). If admitted, foreign degree holders are required to hand in a “Dichiarazione di Valore”;
- Graduating Applicants: Applicants obtaining their degree by no later than October 31, 2017 may apply (both Italian or foreign degree according to the previous description).
The yearly amount of the scholarship is of EUR 16.159,91 gross (an additional 50% on monthly basis may be awarded for research period aboard if approved by the GSSI).
- All PhD students will have tuition fees waived;
- All PhD students will have free accommodation at the GSSI facilities or a financial substitute of EUR 350,00 gross/month (to obtain the contribution, the students would have to present a rental agreement in L’Aquila);
- All PhD students will have free luncheon vouchers (1 per day, working days, except school closures, missions, other situations contemplated by the GSSI rules);
- All PhD students will be covered by insurance against any accident and/or injury that may occur while carrying out their PhD activities.
How to Apply?
In order to apply please fill the application.
Other application materials:
- Copy of the University title certificate;
- Academic transcripts (list of courses with grades);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- A copy of a valid Identity Document (ID) signed and dated.