Deadline: 31 March 2017
Open to: international students
Scholarship: varied and challenging job with an attractive salary package
KU Leuven University is inviting applications for PhD Position for international students. Applicants are part of a multidisciplinary research group working on the topic of Life Cycle Engineering under the supervision of Dr Jef Peeters, Prof. Joost Duflou and Prof. Dirk Cattrysse. The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, also known as KU Leuven or the University of Leuven, is a Dutch-speaking university in Leuven, Flanders, Belgium. Due to the continuously increasing complexity of products and the rapid development of new sorting and recycling processes, there is a constant need to determine the optimal combination of existing and recently developed sorting and recycling processes for both well-known and newly emerging waste streams, such as LCD TVs, tablets and PV panels.
The following criteria must be met for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Hold a master in engineering, excellent optimization and research skills;
- Foster excellent mathematical and algorithmic skills, yet like to combine these with an experimental validation approach by designing physical test set-ups and executing experiments;
- Consider the broader picture and perform life cycle costing and environmental analyses;
- Fascinated by environmental impact reduction strategies, and you like to contribute to a significant shift in some effect generating systems;
- Creative mindset and not afraid to take the initiative to look for innovative ideas and new opportunities;
- Dutch speaking or willing to improve your language skills is an asset;
- Fluent in English.
This is a full-time position offered at KU Leaven offering:
- Varied and challenging job in close cooperation with industry combined with an attractive salary package;
- Research position in a stimulating and multidisciplinary environment and a strong industrial network;
- Opportunity to obtain a PhD and build an international network;
- Work location in the friendly environment of Campus Arenberg in Heverlee, Belgium.