Deadline: 31 March 2017
Open to: young people under 26
Remuneration: EUR 995/month
Cafébabel is Europe’s first online participatory media, now over 15 years old. Its publication is maintained by a highly motivated network of around 1,500 volunteers from all over Europe and boasts a professional editorial team based in Paris. The goal of the magazine is to offer a platform for civic expression to young Europeans and to promote the development of a European public opinion.
Cafébabel is a project run by Babel International, a not-for-profit organization. Babel International organizes debates, training sessions and reporting excursions all over Europe, runs cafébabel and supports a team of volunteers throughout the continent.
They are hiring one native English speaker (mandatory) to the role of Editorial Liaison for a “civic service” contract over a period of 10 months.
What does it mean to do a “civic service” placement with Cafébabel?
“Civic service” is a program run by the French government, which is one step up from an internship. 18- to 25-year-olds can work with an organization to carry out a mission in the public interest. Cafébabel’s mission is to promote European citizenship, and to offer a platform for young Europeans to express themselves through participatory journalism.
- The only pre-requisite is that you must be a native English speaker;
- In order to be eligible for a civic service contract, you must be younger than 26 (born after 8 May 1991) and hold European citizenship and/or have a French titer de séjour allowing you to complete a “civic service” contract;
- It is preferred that you also speak good French, as well as any of our other publication languages (Italian, Spanish, German or Polish).
The position consists of a civic service contract lasting 10 months, 35 hours per week beginning on May 9 2017 in the Paris office.
Monthly indemnity and benefits:
- EUR 472.97 net contributed by the French state;
- EUR 450 as a housing supplement for volunteers living outside of Paris and Ile de France (with proof of address);
- 19 restaurant tickets per month (EUR 5,30 per ticket);
- EUR 73 in travel expenses (Pass Navigo);
- There is also a possibility of EUR 100 per month for those with proof of “RSA” (minimum benefits provided by the French state).
How to apply?
Send your application (CV and cover letter in English) before March 31st, 2017 to [email protected]
For more information please visit the official web page.