Deadline: 21 May 2017
Open to: candidates from Europe and North America (EUNA) and from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
Cost: of the fellowship program is fully funded, including accommodation and travel
Candidates from Europe and North America (EUNA) and from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) can now apply for the UNAOC fellowship program.The theme of the Fellowship 2017 is “The role of civil society and the media in combatting hatred and fostering inclusion”.”The goal of the Fellowship is to provide participants with first-hand exposure to cultural diversity while interacting with a wide range of local actors and partners. In every country they visit, participants will acquire crucial comprehension tools to help them understand the plurality of their host country’s culture, politics, society, religion, and media.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- From the Middle East (including the Arabian Peninsula) or North Africa;
- From the U.S., Canada, or a country member of the Council of Europe (plus Belarus);
- Born between 1 January 1982 and 31 December 1992;
- Fluent in English;
- Working directly with civil society and/or the media and able to present professional achievements in that field;
- In the possession of a passport valid at least 9 months beyond October 2017 (1 August 2018 and beyond);
- Available to travel for a period of 18 days in October or November 2017 as scheduled by UNAOC. Final dates will be confirmed 4 weeks before departure;
- Must not have participated in any of UNAOC programs before.
- The cost of the fellowship program is fully funded, including accommodation and travel;
- The Call will lead to the selection of young civil society leaders and professionals from Europe, North-America (EUNA) on one end, and from the Middle East and North-Africa (MENA) on the other end. Participants from each geographic area will travel to their counterparts’ region.
How to Apply?
- Only fill in the following application if you meet all the eligibility criteria mentioned above
- The application is to be completed in English only;
- The application is to be completed truthfully and in its entirety;
- Make sure to attach all the documents required;
- Resume must be in English;
- Do not attach anything else but the documents required.