Deadline: 21 May 2017
Open to: students from the Western Balkans who have completed their Bachelor studies prior to 31 August 2017
Scholarship: tuition fees and living expenses
The Joint Master PoSIG offers the students the opportunity to receive a joint diploma with at least one EU partner University signing it. Prospective students shall read below the documents to be submitted during the first phase of applications. Applications will be opened from 25 March 2017 until 21 May 2017 to all interested students who already obtained at least a Bachelor’s degree in political science and/or closely related fields (180 ECTS) and have at least 15 ECTS of methodology courses. Students that have not yet got their BA can apply and their admission will be conditional upon obtaining a BA before 31 of August 2017.
Students are required to attend the following institutions for at least one term: the University of Ljubljana and/or the University of Salzburg during their first year of study and at least one other EuroPS University Partners in their second year of study in the Western Balkans.
List of Methodology courses available at University of Salzburg (PLUS) and University of Ljubljana (ULju) to complete Methodology requirements of applicants without having 15 ECTS methodology in the previous BA in Political Science can be found below:
University of Salzburg (PLUS) (all courses in German):
- Forschungsdesign Politikwissenschaft (Lecture with 3 ECTS, spring term);
- Qualitative Methodology (Seminar with 6 ECTS, spring term;
- Quantitative Methodology in Social Sciences (Lecture with 3 ECTS, winter term);
- Quantitative Methodology in Political Science (Seminar with 6 ECTS, winter term).
University of Ljubljana (ULju) (all courses in English and Slovenian):
- Research Design – Methods I (6 ECTS, winter term);
- Quantitative Methods – Methods II (6 ECTS, spring term).
- All interested students who already obtained at least a Bachelor’s degree in political science and/or closely related fields (180 ECTS) and have at least 15 ECTS of methodology courses;
- Students that have not yet got their BA can apply and their admission will be conditional upon obtaining a BA before 31 of August 2017.
- Scholarships cover tuition fees and living expenses as part of the Erasmus+ Credit Mobility Programme;
- The participating universities provide scholarships within the existing Erasmus exchange contracts based on the Erasmus and Erasmus+ Credit Mobility. Local coordinators can provide information about these grants and the number of placements available. Find more information on FAQ section – Fees and financial issues.
How to apply?
Before you submit your application, please read carefully the admission criteria and the Frequently Asked Questions and then follow the steps below. Once you create your account, familiarize yourself with the system and requirements, you can start to complete the application, you can always save, log out and then log back in again when you are ready to submit.
Each application has to specify the selected fields of specialization. Each application has to include following documents:
- Application form;
- English language certificate or proof that BA level studies included at least 2 semesters in English;
- Copy of the Diploma and transcript of records;
- 2 Letters of reference (at least one should be an academic reference).
The evaluation criteria also include an interview and knowledge of English language.
For more information please visit the official webpage.