Deadline: 30 April 2017
Open to: young people, between 10 to 14 years or 15 to 20 years old from EU or associated countries
Prize: Rank 1: EUR 3.000; Rank 2: EUR 2.000; Rank 3: EUR 1.000
SciChallenge is a European-wide contest for young people, who are excited about NATURAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING or MATHEMATICS
You can choose a topic from our 50 topic sheets or you can also work on a topic of your choice and create a poster, a presentation or a video.
After you have submitted your poster, presentation or video, you will have the chance to get invited to the final award event in Vienna.
- The SciChallenge contest is aiming at young people, who are either between 10 to 14 years or 15 to 20 years old (pre-university only);
- Single individuals or groups that include a maximum three persons can participate in the contest;
- Participation is open to residents of a Member State of the European Union & Associated Countries.
The 12 final Pan-European winners of the SciChallenge contest will be invited to the final award event in Vienna 20.-21. July 2017 and to present their contribution.
The winners are expected to present their contributions at the event and answer questions from the jury. We will cover the basic travel expenses for the winners of the SciChallenge contest. We will also provide traveling support for one parent or one legal guardian for all children below 18 years. The travel expenses include a flight or train and an overnight stay in an appropriate accommodation. The maximum amount of travel expenses, which will be covered, is Euro 1.000,- per person. Group participants can only be accompanied by one legal guardian.
In addition to the trip to Vienna, the 12 winners will receive a certificate that recognizes their achievement in the SciChallenge Pan-European contest. All 12 winning contributions, who are represented at the award event in Vienna, will have the chance to get one of the three:
Audience Awards (Vouchers):
- Rank 1: EUR 3.000,-
- Rank 2: EUR 2.000.-
- Rank 3: EUR 1.000,-
Furthermore, sponsored awards for the winners are foreseen.
How to Apply?
- Applications can be done in different formats (Poster, Presentation or Video);
- Participants register on the SciChallenge platform and submit their contribution for the contest;
- The contributions have to be uploaded on Slideshare or YouTube;
- Use #scichallenge2017 has to be included in the title and description;
- The contest is open for submissions between the 1st of January and 30th of April 2017.
For more information please visit the official website