Deadline: 30 April 2017
Open to: applicants of all nationalities with university degree, relevant experience and fluent in Arabic and English
Venue: Rabat, Morocco
The UNESCO Maghreb Office launches a call for candidates for the recruitment of a project officer. Supported by the European Union (Medfilm), the Project is to enhance the Image of women in the film industry in Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia. More precisely, it aims to:
- Promote freedom of expression by encouraging film makers from the region to address gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Promote the role of female film professionals in the region by harnessing an enabling environment to create and express their own concerns;
- Tackle gender-related stereotypes, as well of the image of women in films and promoting understanding, tolerance and cultural diversity.
- All nationalities are eligible to apply.
- University degree preferably at Masters level or equivalent in gender studies, communication, international development or in other social sciences fields related to the focus of the project.
- WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum four years of relevant professional experience – gender-related issues, freedom of expression, promotion of the diversity of cultural expressions;
- Experience at international level or in an international organization would be an asset;
- Experience in the film industry and in the implementation of audio-visual or cultural policies would be an asset.
- Good analytical and organizational skills;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Very good ability to mobilize and interact with different partners (national authorities, social partners and private sector representatives, audio-visual/media/artists’ organizations, NGOs, etc.;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Good team spirit;
- Good IT and data base management skill;
- Experience in the implementation of EU projects would be as an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English is mandatory. Good/Fair French (oral and written) is an asset.
- UNESCO’s salaries are calculated in USD (transferable in case in local currency MAD) and exempt from income tax.;
- Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, dependency allowance, pension plan and medical insurance. More details on the ICSC Web site.
How to Apply?
To apply, please send your CV, together with a cover letter in English, by e-mail to UNESCO Office in Rabat [email protected] (in copy at [email protected]) no later than 30 April 2017. Kindly label the subject line “Project Officer – Medfilm”.
Pre-selected candidates may be asked to undertake written examinations.
The deadline for applications is 30 April 2017 at midnight (Rabat time). The appointment is contingent on the availability of funding.