Deadline: 10 May 2017
Open to: youth workers from Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Italy, Latvia, Slovenia, Spain
Venue: Alūksne, Latvia
The project aims to improve the competences on designing and implementing kinesthetic learning activities for youth work settings. The objectives of this training are:
- To exchange so far experiences of partners related to using kinesthetic learning in youth work, discuss existing challenges and identify further needs for competences improvement to facilitate such learning process;
- Basing on existing research and theories, to become more aware of the power of learning through body and how it contributes to young people’s development and thus to become even more motivated to use it as NFL tool in youth work;
- To discover a deeper potential of kinesthetic learning to promote 4 concrete competences: self-awareness and expression, creativity, skills to appreciate and deal with diversity and social activism by getting involved as a learner in various exercises with movement and improvisation (Experiential learning part);
- To train the skills to plan and facilitate non-formal learning activities for youth that develop above mentioned competences involving body and movement as the main source of learning;
- To plan and implement at least 1 follow-up activity involving kinesthetic learning with local young people in each participating country.
- Should be working with young people on a regular basis for more than 1 year;
- Have a good understanding on non-formal learning and youth work;
- It would be important to have some experience with using movement, dance or improvisation as a tool to work with young people and learn;
- Have the curiosity and strong motivation to be part of this training;
- As a follow up – should be ready to implement activities with youngsters after the training course in their country.
Travel costs will be refunded after the TC. Maximum amount of refund:
- Croatia 275 EUR;
- Estonia 180 EUR;
- Spain 360 EUR;
- Italy 275 EUR;
- Slovenia 275 EUR;
- Bulgaria 275 EUR;
- Latvia 180 EUR.
Accommodation and food is free. No participation fee.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill in the online application.
For more information please check the info pack.