Deadline: 26 May 2017
Open to: students of all nationalities
Scholarship: varies from 1,000 EUR to 1,500 EUR
The main goal of Ph.D. studies is the development of research activities and of a research thesis with original contributions under the guidance of a supervisor, on advanced theoretical or applied research themes. The Polytechnic University of Milan is the largest technical university in Italy, with about 42,000 students. It offers undergraduate, graduate and higher education courses in engineering, architecture, and design.
The Ph.D. available places fall within the following categories: Places with doctoral scholarships provided by the Politecnico di Milano. This scholarship can be:
- General (generic scholarships);
- Connected to a specific research topic (topic scholarships).
Within the group of topic scholarships, Politecnico di Milano issues 21 scholarships, with the aim of supporting interdisciplinary research on the following topics. Each interdisciplinary scholarship is associated with doctoral research, which involves two different doctoral programmes.
- Scholarships vary from 1,000 EUR to 1,500 EUR, the amount depends on the proposed research topic;
- For Ph.D. candidates with a scholarship, the regional fee, the stamp duties, and insurance costs will be withheld each year, from the first monthly grant;
- This amount is established on a yearly basis. For the academic year 2017-2018, this amount is equal to Euro 160.00, unless there are changes in national and regional legislation.
How to Apply?
A five-year university degree equivalent to a second level Master’s degree giving access to Ph.D. programmes is required The Documents must be uploaded to the online application: