Deadline: 31 May 2017
Open to: highly motivated and talented emerging social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs
Benefits: tuition fee of 1000 EUR covered
You are driven by a meaningful vision. You are brimming with bright ideas. You want to make a real difference, perhaps with a business that benefits the community. Or a project in the cultural sector. Or with a technology that addresses a specific problem in your home country. What are you waiting for? Let’s turn your ideas into action. The DO School helps you do what you believe in.
The Entrepreneurship for Good Program is a one year funded fellowship, that empowers bright young minds from all over the globe to build their venture at the same time as solving real life challenges.
The latest edition of the program is concerned with “The Future of Audio Entertainment”: six major German radio stations, Axel Springer and The DO School challenge you to develop and beta-test an online format or platform that will catapult audio entertainment forward so that it can fulfil its mission of providing quality editorial information and entertainment in new and innovative ways. The solution that you will co-create with the other 19 Fellows during the Challenge Lab should be based on a sustainable business model, seize on new ways of making audio content available, and strengthen the traditional role of radio as a public service provider in our digital age. 28 August– 04 November 2017, Berlin, Germany
The DO School is seeking:
- Highly motivated and talented emerging social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs with skills in the following areas: Developing and/or providing content for new formats (e.g. podcasts, apps, online platforms), radio programming/journalism, storytelling, sound design, music, psychology, marketing, sales;
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a track record of being passionate about addressing social issues and creating and spreading innovative social change;
- People with all educational and socioeconomic backgrounds. Successful applicants are determined and willing to use our program to start new, or grow existing ventures, or implement a new initiative within a larger organization;
- The DO School program is ideal for outstanding mission-driven people who are looking for the tools, skills, and mentoring to launch a social start-up.
The Entrepreneurship for Good Program is a highly subsidized program, which means you pay only a small portion of the actual costs as your tuition fee. For the Future of Audio Entertainment Challenge the tuition fee is 1,000 EUR excluding travel expenses, This only applies if you can afford to pay the full tuition and your own costs, if not there is an additional questionnaire in the application, which you can fill out in order to benefit from financial aid.
How to apply?
Candidates should submit a motivation letter. A relevant portfolio is required. Two documents are required to be uploaded for applying for this challenge:
1. Please upload a PDF file answering this question:
Why are you interested specifically in the Future of Audio Challenge and what skills, knowledge and experience can you contribute to answering the Challenge?
2. Please upload another PDF answering:
What is your venture idea that you want to develop at the DO School and implement in your home country?
Not providing answers to these questions will lead to disqualification. We will be in touch with you via email shortly after the selection deadline. If your application passes the first selection round, you will be invited for a Skype interview for the second round. All applicants will be notified, whether successful or not.
In order to apply, .
For more information please visit the official website.