Deadline: 27 June 2017
Open to: Candidates with a university degree in a related field (humanities, social sciences, languages, journalism)
Venue: Prague, Czech Republic
The Prague Civil Society Centre is hiring a Communications Officer to join their growing team. They are a new non-profit organisation launched to support and empower civil societies across Eastern Europe and Central Asia. They believe civil society is the key driver of social change, and work to ensure it has the flexibility, connections and tools to play a leading role in the development of the region. In the face of difficult conditions, the Centre emphasises creativity, innovation and technology as the cornerstones of a sustainable and diverse civil society.
The Centre works across Eastern Europe, Russia, the Caucasus and Central Asia, disbursing grants, running workshops and seminars for activists and professionals, and studying the region. The Centre’s headquarters are in Prague, and it employs 21 staff from 9 different countries.
Applicants should have the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills in English (native level);
- University degree in a relevant subject (humanities, social sciences, languages, journalism etc.);
- Proven experience in a communications, public relations or journalism role;
- Strong awareness of the international media landscape (particularly foreign policy outlets), including experience in devising and implementing media campaigns;
- Good understanding of political developments and trends in the countries of the former Soviet Union;
- Ability to quickly understand, distill and communicate complex political and societal issues;
- Capacity to work in a multi-national team;
- Ability to cope with criticism;
- Commitment to the values and principles of the Prague Civil Society Centre;
- Reading knowledge of Russian is an asset, though not essential.
The position is a full-time (40 hours per week) role based in our headquarters in central Prague. The role comes with a competitive salary and 25 days of annual leave.
The Communications Officer will contribute to developing the public profile of both the Prague Civil Society Centre and the network of organisations and individuals we work with. Specifically, the Communiciations Officer will:
- Write and edit articles, reports, presentations and other forms of public communication to promote the activities and objectives of the Centre;
- Build and maintain relationships with international media outlets and journalists;
- Pitch articles and story ideas to a range of international and specialist media outlets;
- Devise and executive a communications strategy to raise awareness of the Centre and our key partners;
- Assist with donor relations and engagement with government agencies;
- Respond to media enquiries;
- Oversee and create website content;
- Help organise and publicise events;
- Help prepare briefing documents and research for senior members of staff;
- Edit and proof-read important internal and external written communications;
- Manage the Centre’s visual brand;
- Be responsible for media monitoring and contact management.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send a CV (max. 2 sides A4) and a covering letter (max. 700 words), including links to up to 3 examples of original writing (articles, blog posts, op-eds etc.), to [email protected] by 5pm (CET) on 27 June 2017.
For more information please visit the official website.