Deadline: 20 June 2017
Open to: applicants under 35 who are not citizens of the People’s Republic of China
Award: scholarship covers tuition, accommodation and monthly allowance
Jilin Provincial Government Scholarship – Changchun University of Science and Technology Program is a full scholarship established by Jilin Provincial Government to support Changchun University of Science and Technology to recruit outstanding international students for postgraduate studies in Jilin province, China.
This scholarship only supports master’s programs which are taught in English, including Mechanical Engineering, Computer Technology and Master of Business Administration. Scholarship duration is two years.
The scholarship duration specified in the Admission Letter cannot be extended.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- Have an overall GPA over 75 on 100 scale in undergraduate school.
The scholarship covers the following things:
- A waiver of fee for registration, tuition, laboratory experiments, internship, and basic textbooks;
- Free on-campus dormitory accommodation;
- Monthly living allowance: CNY 1,700;
- Outpatient medical service and Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
Scholarship recipients registering before the 15th of the registration month (the 15th included) will be granted the full living allowance of that month. Recipients registering after the 15th of the registration month will be granted half of the living allowance of that month.
The scholarship will not cover:
- Cost of experiments or internships beyond the program curricular will be at student’s own expense;
- Cost of books or learning materials other than required basic textbooks will also be at student’s own expense.
How to apply?
Applicants should apply to Changchun University of Science and Technology between early January and June 20th.
A package of complete application documents must be submitted to Changchun University of Science and Technology before the deadline.
Application Documents (in duplicate):
- Application Form for Jilin Provincial Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English);
- Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
- Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English with a minimum of 800 words;
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors;
- Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant). The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months;
- Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose it in the application package.
The above documents should be bound on top left corner (in duplicate) and sent directly to Changchun University of Science and Technology. No application documents will be returned.
The Changchun University of Science and Technology will review the application documents and decide the nominated candidates. Nominated candidates will be officially awarded Jilin Provincial Government Scholarship with the approval from the Education Department of Jilin Province. The Changchun University of Science and Technology will send, before July 10th, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) of the approved applicants to the scholarship winners.
Students are not permitted, in general, to apply to change their specialties or the duration of study as specified in the Admission Letter once they agree to accept the scholarship. If applicants fail to register before the deadline for registration, their scholarship will not be reserved. Scholarships will be canceled for those who cannot pass the health examination.
For more information please visit the official website.