Deadline: 18 June 2017
Location: Istra, Croatia
Duration: 01 September 2017 – 31 July 2018
The long-term volunteering project named Youth Ideas Empower Local Democracy in Europe (YIELD) aims to enrich participants’ skills and knowledge, as well as improve the competitiveness of four young people from four different European countries.
The project will include four volunteers from the Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, and Macedonia. The EVS in Croatia will take place in Brtonigla, the Istria Region, from September 2017 until July 2018. The project aims to include both EU and non-EU participants.
The participants will have a set of tasks and activities during the week, maximum six hours per day.
Main tasks of the participants will include:
- Helping with writing projects and preparing project activities;
- Helping with translations;
- Participating in organizing activities (info days) and promoting Erasmus+ programs and EVS programs in high schools and local communities;
- Helping with the preparations of local events meant to promote the local territory (seminars, workshops, fairs, etc.);
- Participating in volunteering activities;
- Updating social media profiles and the organization’s website;
- Creating articles, videos, and pictures of the EVS experience;
- Organizing intercultural events for the locals (intercultural nights, workshops, free language courses, etc.);
- Helping with administrative tasks related to the abovementioned tasks;
- Participating in different educational events like seminars and workshops to develop their personal and professional skills, and more.
The volunteers should be from the Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, and Macedonia, aged 18-29 (at the start of the project). They should be serious and motivated to spend 11 months in Brtonigla, Croatia. Basic fluency in English is required, as well as a willingness to learn Croatian and Italian, in order to be able to communicate with the local community.
The ideal candidate will also have the following skills:
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, email, internet, Photoshop);
- Administrative and organizational skills;
- Capability to live independently;
- Be open, responsible, flexible, and a team worker.
The volunteers will receive:
- Free accommodation;
- Language courses in Croatian and Italian;
- Covered travel costs to Croatia;
- Monthly spending money EUR 90;
- Coverage of other task-related costs.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send a CV and a motivational letter, no later than 18 June 2017 to the coordinator of the sending organization in their country. The contact mails per country are as follows:
- Czech Republic: [email protected]
- Germany: [email protected]
- Italy: [email protected]
- Macedonia: [email protected]
For more information visit the official call.