Deadline: 19 July 2017
Open to: everyone with relevant skills and interest
Benefits: EUR 755 per month
The successful candidate for the Vehicles Intern Autumn 2017 program will be working with T&E’s vehicles and freight teams, focusing on supporting T&E campaigns for less polluting vehicles. As part of this s/he will undertake a separate research project in one of the areas of the vehicles team work related to fuel efficiency of vehicles and its regulation, emissions testing, air quality, e-mobility, truck safety or freight and logistics – the exact scope of the project to be agreed at the interview.
Responsibilities will include:
- Research project and report;
- Ad hoc Research on issues related to the emerging environmental issues of vehicles;
- Data analysis on aspects of emissions from vehicles;
- Preparing presentation materials;
- Organising and assisting at events, for example in the European Parliament;
- Assisting with online newsletters & reporting;
- Assisting campaigns with writing short media material, blogs, etc;
- Maintaining databases.
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- Some knowledge of vehicle emissions or transport;
- Demonstrable interest in environmental politics and an aptitude for influencing policy;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- A good level of English (the working language);
- Candidates with a scientific or engineering background are strongly encouraged to apply, though everyone with relevant skills and interest will be considered.
The position is a full-time one, with a fixed six-month contract. This internship is remunerated with EUR 755 net a month.
How to apply?
Deadline for applications is 19 July, and interviews will take place in the week of 24 July, with a view to the candidate starting on 1 September 2017.
Applicants must include a short description of a preferred topic of the project that the candidate would like to undertake (e.g. air pollution and CO2 standards, vehicle testing, truck safety, logistics, e-mobility etc), including the scope, methodology and expected outcomes.
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] with the application form, a CV and a cover letter, before 5pm on Wednesday 19 July. The letter should explain the motivation and commitment to work with Transport & Environment’s aims and also highlight examples from your previous work that show us that you have the skills and competencies outlined above.
Please ensure the job vacancy title is shown in the subject line, and title the documents as follows: NAME_CV and NAME_Cover_Letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted. Only applicants with the existing right to work within the EU will be considered.
For more information please visit the official website.