Deadline: 6 August 2017
Open to: young people residing in one of 47 Council of Europe member states
Benefits: a travel grant of EUR 500
A new round of travel grants for youth for trips through Europe is now open. If you are between 18 and 27 years old and want to explore the continent this autumn, we encourage you to read on!
By awarding travel grants, the Schwarzkopf Foundation aims to get youngsters and young adults interested in Europe. Your journey should be motivated by wanting to explore Europe and the will to personally document your travel experience.
The journey should take place before March 2018 and shouldn’t start later than December 2017. You are free to choose your own travel destination(s) but also have to book the necessary accommodations and plan the whole journey by yourself.
It’s important that you are willing to produce a travel report on a question which is relevant on a European level. You should do your research on one of the following questions:
- The travels should focus on your personal experience in (culturally) new environments;
- What makes you feel welcome in a city and how does a city welcome you?
- How can you meet people in a new city? How can you connect with others and seek contact to them?
- What helps you to feel connected to the city?
- Where do you look for information on social events and how do you join them?
- How did you experience the idea of European identity on your trip?
The report can be submitted as a photo report with background information, a video diary, a blog series, or a written report.
Your journey should last between three and six weeks. For those enrolled in an internship or traineeship programme we offer, if needed, to shorten the travel period to two weeks.
Everyone between the ages of 18 and 27 permanently residing in one of the 47 Council of Europe member states or Kosovo can apply for a travel grant.
We encourage young people from all backgrounds to apply! Especially youngsters from outside bigger cities and from rural areas are encouraged to take part in this call.
- You get all together EUR 550 for your trip, to spend as you choose either on travel tickets, accommodation, or other expenditures related to your travels;
- You decide how you will spend the grant on your journey;
- You will receive EUR 400 at the beginning of your journey, and the other EUR 150 after submitting your travel report;
- In order to receive the grant, you need to sign the terms and conditions related to this call.
How to apply?
To apply, please fill out this application form.
Before starting please think about a good topic for your research and also consider what kind of documentation you would like to submit (photos, videos, blog posts etc.).
The Schwarzkopf Foundation helps its grant holders to further develop their ideas for the travel reports, but still you shouldn’t underestimate this part of your application because together with your motivation to do the trip, it’s an important criterion that we take into account when choosing the grantees.
The deadline for applying is August 6th, 2017 at 11:59 pm CEST. If you have any open questions, please contact Brian Buhrke at b.buhrke(a)schwarzkopf-stiftung.de.
For more information please visit the official website.