Deadline: 6 August 2017
Open to: persons between the ages of 18 and 35 from Africa, Europe and Diaspora
Venues: 9 – 11 October in Abidjan in Ivory Coast; 27 October – 29 November in Addis and Brussels
The 4th Africa-Europe Youth Summit will bring together more than 120 youth leaders from both continents, including African Diaspora on 9-11 October in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire to agree on a declaration on themes including education, peace & security, environment, business, democratic inclusion and culture.
A follow-up group, the 36 youth selected for the “EU-AU Youth Plug-In initiative” will pursue the work between October 27 and November 29, embedded in the AU and the EU as two Euro-African groups, in Addis and Brussels. The EU-AU fellows will develop further ideas on Africa-EU cooperation relating to the six topics tackled by the Youth Forum, which will be presented to the AU-EU Summit on November 29-30 (Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire), which is itself, focused on youth.
- Must have citizenship of an African/European/Diaspora country;
- Age 18-35;
- Current involvement in a youth organisation/network;
- Experience of implementing an initiative under at least one of the themes;
- Prior interest and previous knowledge of Africa-Europe cooperation;
- Ability to work in either English or French;
- Availability to dedicate significant time and energy to the initiative (for a period of around 6 weeks in October and November, in both Addis and Brussels);
- Knowledge of one or more topics (education & skills, peace & security, environment, business & job creation, governance & democratic inclusion, culture & arts);
- Experience in cooperating within international and multicultural teams.
All travel and accommodation expenses are covered for chosen applicants, participants selected for the Youth Plug-in Initiative are also allocated a stipend for the period of the Youth Plug-In initiative.
How to Apply?
In order to apply please fill in the application form.
Find the specific application forms below:
In case you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to HVASS Irene at: Irene.HVASS @ eeas.europa.eu
For more information please visit the official website.