Deadline: 02 September 2017
Open to: all disciplines across the arts, humanities, and social sciences
Venue: 15 April – 15 July 2018, Germany
As of 2016, the SSRC, working in collaboration with the Global and Transregional Studies Platform at the University of Göttingen, is pleased to offer a second category of fellowship, a short-term summer semester residency that will link researchers to the Global and Transregional Studies Platform and the University of Göttingen.
This collaboration exemplifies an ongoing goal of the SSRC’s InterAsia Program and its partners, and a specific goal of the Transregional Research Program, that of integrating trans- and cross-regional frameworks, as well as mechanisms for support, into existing university curricula and structures. Fellows will be provided with a small stipend for the three-month 2018 summer semester as well as in-kind support and will be able to develop and work on their own projects while simultaneously benefitting from their placement in what we hope will serve as a German and European “hub” for international networks of transregional research.
- Movements of Knowledge
- Entangled conceptual histories/”words in motion”/traveling theory: the global spread of concepts from the 18th century onwards
- Comparative histories of caste, race, and “inherited inequalities”
- New sites of knowledge production beyond the academy: the growth of think tanks; digital knowledge; civil society expertize; military knowledge in the shaping of regional and trans-regional knowledge
- Comparative global histories of area studies/regional studies
- Transregional diffusions and modulations of policy knowledge
- Transregional Populism
- Comparative and trans-regional perspectives on populism
- Digital media and democratic futures; media and populism
- Religious Networks
Fellows will receive EUR 2,500 per month for three-months and one round trip economy class plane ticket to Göttingen. In addition, the University of Göttingen will provide in-kind support in the form of office space and access to university resources
How to Apply?
All applicants will be required to submit the following information using the SSRC online application portal by the submission deadline of September 27, 2017:
In order to apply fill the application form.
- Online application, consisting of personal information and project details;
- Short CV;
- Project Bibliography;
- One letter of reference;
- Project narrative statement (up to five pages, may be single spaced).
For more information please visit the official website.