Deadline: 1 September 2017
Open to: both Danish and international applicants
Scholarship: fully funded
A fully funded 3 year Ph.D. position is available from Oct 1, 2017, or as soon as possible thereafter at the CCS, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Copenhagen. Associate Professor Ying Liu will be the principal supervisor for the Ph.D. student and Prof. Ian D. Hickson will be the primary co-supervisor of this project.
The University of Copenhagen (UCPH) is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
- Applicants should hold an MSc degree in biology, molecular biomedicine, biochemistry or a closely related field;
- Candidates who do not yet have their degree, but who are expecting to finish with 1–2 months, should specify the date when they expect to hand in their thesis;
- We are seeking a highly motivated and ambitious individual with good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Previous experience with techniques in the fields of human cellular and molecular biology, genetics and biochemistry (e.g. cell culture, PCR, western blotting, cloning, fluorescence microscopy, FACS, etc) will be considered advantageous;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a requirement.
This is a fully funded 3-year Ph.D. position,
How to Apply?
Applicants are requested to submit their application with the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Certificates of Bachelor degree and MSc degree or the equivalent documents;
- A cover letter describing your research interests and reasons for applying to this position;
- A list of the publications (or manuscripts) that have been submitted or accepted for publication;
- Transcripts of university examinations (from both Bachelor and Master degrees) (in English);
- Contact details of two referees;
- Optional: Applicants are encouraged to provide evidence of English and other skills.
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.