Deadline: 12 September 2017
Open to: anyone interested in Project management
Benefits: salary based on the experience and qualifications of the candidate
ALDA – The European Association for Local Democracy is dedicated to the promotion of good governance and citizen participation at the local level. ALDA, in particular, focuses on activities that facilitate cooperation between local authorities and civil society. It was established at the initiative of the Council of Europe’s Congress of Local and Regional Authorities to coordinate and support the network of Local Democracy Agencies. ALDA developed in one of the strongest stakeholders in the field of cooperation between local authorities and civil society engaged in the promotion of local democracy and active citizenship.
ALDA is looking for a Project Manager for Active Citizenship Projects. He/she will work under the supervision of ALDA’s Secretary General and liaise with all the colleagues of the team.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- University degree;
- Languages: excellent verbal and written skills in English. French is also requested to a good working level. Another language (Italian, French, or other European language is an asset);
- Previous experience in project implementation;
- Knowledge of computer tools;
- Ability to work in a team as well as individually;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in managing networks, dealing with diverse institutions;
- High motivation and strong interest for international cooperation.
- The contract will be for a period of 12 months and can be renewed subject to availability of resources and satisfactory performance evaluation at the completion of the first contracted period;
- The contract will preferably start on 1st October 2017 Location: Preferably in Brussels, but also possible in other offices of ALDA – Strasbourg (France) or Vicenza (Italy);
- Home-based contracts might also be considered. Salary based on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. The candidate is requested to express his/her own salary expectations.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should send their Letter of Intent and Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English to email@example.com , stating in the subject line: Application – Project Manager Active Citizenship projects Kindly include names and contact details of 3 references.
Applications must be received on or before 12th September. Interviews will take place the following week, and will include a written test.
For more information, please visit the official website.