Deadline: 08 October 2017
Open to: practicing journalists, reporters, freelancers, and representatives of media associations
Benefits: accommodation, meals and travel will be provided
The 11th ASEF Journalists’ Seminar is a continuation of the ASEF Journalists’ Colloquium series. It will be organized in conjunction with the 13th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM FMM13) in 2017 in Naypyidaw, Myanmar.
The theme for the 11th ASEF Journalists’ Seminar is “Shaping Public Perceptions and Minds towards Achieving the SDGs”. While journalism has traditionally focused on covering conflict and societal challenges, Constructive Journalism could potentially pave the way for greater awareness and support for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), through a focus on the achievements and success stories they have produced. The ASEFJS11 will, therefore, explore how media houses and journalists can contribute to shaping positive perceptions and mindsets among ASEM societies about sustainability and the achievability of the SDGs.
- Citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) partner countries;
- Practicing journalists, reporters, freelancers, and representatives of media associations;
- The seminar will be conducted in English only, and therefore requires strong verbal and written command of English by all participants.
- There are no registration or participation fees for the selected participants;
- Accommodation, meals and travel subsidy will be provided.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official webpage.