Deadline: 1 November 2017
Open to: non-EEA nationality or nationalities only
Benefits: EUR 6,000 – EUR 9,000 – EUR 12,000 or a proportional amount
The Academic Medical Centre of the Universiteit van Amsterdam offers the Amsterdam Merit Scholarships (AMS), a scholarship for outstanding who have been admitted to one of the (Master’s) programs of the Faculty of Medicine.
The AMS is highly selective: only applicants with excellent study results and motivation will be considered for the scholarship. The scholarship is funded by the Universiteit van Amsterdam.
- Hold non-EEA nationality or nationalities only;
- Not be entitled to receive a Dutch study grant or loan (“Studiefinanciering”);
- Not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA;
- Not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship;
- Have submitted a complete application to one of the (Master’s) programs of the AMC UVA;
- Have been (or will be) admitted to one of the (Master’s) programs of the AMC UVA;
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable).
- Please note that the scholarship cannot be used as a (partial) tuition waiver;
- The applicant must still pay the full amount of tuition.
- The scholarship consists of EUR 6,000 – 9,000 – 12,000 or a proportional amount if the student starts in February.
How to apply?
AMC UVA applicants wishing to apply for an AMS scholarship should send an email with their letter of motivation attached to Ms. N.V. Blankendal at [email protected]
As we have a limited number of scholarships, only the most eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria;
- Their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field, as evidenced by their academic records, letters of recommendation, written work and/or publications;
- The quality of their letter of motivation.
Make sure to keep in mind the application deadline, which is 1 November 2017.
For more information, please visit the official website.