Deadline: 15 November 2017.
Open to: international students
Scholarship: fully funded
The College of Technology at the University of Houston is inviting applications for Tier One Scholarship to pursue the undergraduate program. The scholars program recruits and engage high-calibre incoming freshman who can pursue academic excellence without financial limitations.
Established in 1927, the University of Houston empowers students in their pursuit of learning, discovery, leadership, and engagement. Located in a sprawling metropolis, our premier Tier One campus provides students with cutting-edge programs including undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, distance and continuing education. Ranked among the best colleges in America, UH is home to award-winning faculty, innovative research centers, has one of the most diverse student populations in the nation, and alumni who have become international leaders.
- All incoming freshman are invited to apply.
- If you have a 1400 SAT or 30 ACT composite score, and rank in the top 10% of your class, your chances of qualifying for this scholarship are improved.
- The Tier One Scholarship is the University of Houston’s most prestigious academic scholarship program. Incoming freshman students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement, leadership, and community engagement are encouraged to apply. Transfer students and continuing UHstudents are not eligible to apply for the Tier One Scholarship.
As a Tier One Scholar, you will receive funding for four years1 of tuition and mandatory fees and the first two years of room and board. Plus, you will be eligible to receive a study abroad stipend and a mentored research stipend, should you choose those options. Your complete scholarship package is worth a total value of approximately $65,0002 in addition to the invaluable benefits of mentorship, advising, and camaraderie that comes with being a part of the Tier One Scholars community!
How to Apply?
In order to be considered for the Tier One Scholarship, the following elements must be complete and received by 5:00 pm (CT) on November 15, 2017:
- Your application for admission to the University;
- Your Tier One Scholarship application;
- A letter of recommendation sent directly by the recommender to tieronescholar-at-uh.edu.;
- Your letter should be from an individual who knows you well (high school teacher, school administrator, club advisor, etc.).
In order to apply, fill in the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.