Open to: international applicants
Scholarship: USD 5,000 stipend in installments upon demonstrated progress
The Breakthrough Institute is a global research center that identifies and promotes technological solutions to environmental and human development challenges. They believe that human prosperity and an ecologically vibrant planet are possible at the same time.
Each year, Breakthrough seeks a small number of outstanding researchers and writers for the Breakthrough Research Fellowship. Fellows will submit a research proposal aligned with Breakthrough’s interest areas, and work on their project remotely.
- Applicants should possess a Master’s degree at minimum;
- Have a well-scoped research proposal.
- Opportunity to pursue non-resident research collaborations that seek to change the way society approaches major environmental and development challenges;
- Have opportunity to attend the Breakthrough Dialogue and interact with the leading thinkers, writers, and scholars in the study of society and environment;
- Offers a USD 5,000 stipend in installments with demonstrated progress.
How to Apply?
Fill the online application form
- Need to submit a CV/resume( Maximum 2 page)
- A brief summary and literature review of the topic at hand;
- The goals of the project (what unanswered questions are you addressing?);
- Type of analysis and methods;
- Expected results;
- Indication of your own experience with the subject matter and/or methods;
- Intended product (peer-reviewed paper or white paper).
- 1-3 three writing samples;
- Letter of Recommendation;
- All uploaded documents must be in PDF format.
For more information please visit the official website.